Name of organisation:
Paget Gorman Society
What does your organisation do?
Paget Gorman Society is a registered charity which supports Paget Gorman Signed Speech.
Paget Gorman Signed Speech (PGSS) is an unaided augmentative sign system that supports language and communication.
It is used in the UK, Ireland and Australia and enables practitioners to support children’s communication effectively.
It is, and can be, used flexibly at many levels in different settings:
• With children with a specific language impairment as a total communication system in language units/bases
• To support inclusion of children with speech, language and communication needs in mainstream education
• As a learning tool to support all children to access and understand curriculum vocabulary
• To support children whose first language is not English
• It is also taught to parents/carers as well as those working in education.