Name of organisation:
What does your organisation do?
Making a life changing difference to disabled children, young people and their families
We care for over 8,000 disabled children, young people and their families every year by delivering around 140 services across England.
KIDS is unique; there is no other organisation dedicated to providing such an extensive range of services to disabled children and young people, aged 0-25 years, irrespective of their impairment or condition.
Our aim is to:
• equip parents with extra skills and confidence to nurture and develop their disabled child
• enable disabled children to have a happy childhood
• support teenagers and young adults to develop practical, social and interpersonal skills, challenge discrimination and achieve their goals
• provide parents with support and breaks from the pressures of caring for a disabled child
• provide fun activities and support for siblings of disabled children and young carers
• assist local authorities and other organisations in making their facilities accessible and welcoming to all disabled children and young people.
Our vision is a world in which all disabled children and young people realise their aspirations and their right to an inclusive community which supports them and their families.